Fall, 2017 Sale Dates: Friday, September 22nd & Saturday, September 23rd
Spring, 2018 Sale Dates: Friday, March 9th & Saturday, March 10th
- Friday Night Sale Hours: 6 – 9pm
- NO children under 10 years old
- NO strollers are allowed
- Saturday Morning Sale Hours: 8 – 12 noon
- White ticket items are ½ off
- Thursday Evening of Sale Week Drop Off Hours: 6 – 9pm
- Friday Morning of Sale Drop Off Hours: 8 – 9:30am
- NO EARLY CHECK-INS ARE ALLOWED
- Items at drop off will be inspected to ensure items meet the regulations stated below.
- Saturday Afternoon Pick Up Hours: 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- MANDATORY PICK UP - NO EXCEPTIONS
- ALL ITEMS must be picked up by 4:30 P.M. on Saturday.
- Sellers who do not pick up their items will have a deduction of 10% of your total sales from your check.
- The items not picked up will become the property of Western Avenue PTO
- If you are unable to pick up at this time, please make arrangements with a family member, friend or neighbor to have them pick up for you.
- NO REMINDER PHONE CALLS WILL BE MADE!
- If you would like to be a seller please email email@example.com.
- Due to the popularity of the sale and the limited space in the gym, we will only be accepting the first 200 sellers who register for the sale.
- If your plans change and you are unable to sell after confirming you would be selling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Failure to show up to sell after requesting a spot may forfeit your chance to sell at future sales.
- We often end up with a waiting list of people who would like to sell and it is not fair to take a spot and then not use it.
- If we do not hear from you after 3 consecutive sales, you will be removed from our database.
- Seller Tags will be available for pickup outside the Western Avenue School front doors. The tags will be in a blue plastic bin marked "Clothing Sale Seller Tags".
- Please take only the amount of tags that you need and return any unused tags, if possible
- We will be continuing to enforce our pick-up policy. If you do not pick up your items for any reason, you will be fined 10% of your total sales.
- We WILL NOT hold any items.
- Any items left after 4 P.M. on the pick-up day become the property of Western Avenue School PTO.
- ALL CHECKS WILL BE MAILED. Checks will no longer be sent home via Geneva school backpack.
- Check distribution is expected typically 7 weeks after the close of the sale.
- Seller receives 60% while the WAS PTO receives 40%.
- An administrative processing fee of $4 is deducted from your seller total.
- Please be sure to confirm your correct mailing address at check-in and/or check-out.
Sale Item Regulations
- For the Fall Clothing Sale:
- Only Fall and Winter clothes will be accepted for the sale.
- Costumes, Coats, Snow Pants/Bibs, Snow Boots and Hats/Mittens will be accepted.
- For the Spring Clothing Sale:
- Only Spring and Summer clothes will be accepted for the sale.
- Swimwear and swim type apparel will be accepted.
- We will only accept clothing in EXCELLENT condition and purchased within the last 2-3 years.
- Jeans are always accepted at both Fall and Spring sales.
- Junior clothes, through size 5, must be brand name and in excellent condition.
- All junior clothes will be gone through at check-in.
- NO ADULT CLOTHES ARE ACCEPTED.
- We will accept formal junior dresses and children's dresses and suits.
- Girls' dance or gymnastics wear is also accepted.
- Items that are stained, torn, or more than 2-3 years old WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- All zippers must zip and no missing buttons are allowed.
- Our lighting has been updated in the gym and stains are very visible to our shoppers. They WILL NOT purchase these types of items and such items only take away from customers seeing more sellable garments.
- We will only accept NEW gym shoes and only “LIKE NEW” other shoes.
- Winter and/or Rain boots will be accepted.
- Please CLEAN all baby items such as high chairs, exersaucers, swings, bouncy chairs, booster seats, etc.
- Please seal items such as puzzles, games, lego and toy sets so that they do not get misplaced or separated.
- NO underwear
- NO t-shirts or jersey's with printing of child's name
- NO stuffed animals, musical dolls or stuffed or cloth-like dolls
- NO baby or kids bedding
- Includes comforters, sheet sets, pillows, or blankets
- NO room décor items
- This includes curtains, lamps, pictures, or other room decorating items.
- NO used baby or toddler feeding items
- This includes bottles, sippy cups, utensils, bowls, plates and bibs.
- NO breast pumps or any associated parts
- NO expired car seats or car seats with a manufacture date over 7 years. All car seats will be inspected by a Clothing Sale Committee Member.
- NO party products or other paper goods.
- NO diaper genies or potty chairs
- NO bath items
- NO grab bags comprised of toys or school supplies
- NO Happy Meal toys
- NO VHS tapes
- This list is not all inclusive and is subject to review or inspection by a Clothing Sale Committee member.
Sale Item Tagging
- Sale Tags
- White Tags
- Friday: Items sell for Full Price
- Saturday: Items sell for ½ Price
- Prices on these tags must be DIVISIBLE by 2!
- Yellow Tags
- Friday & Saturday: Items sell for Full Price
- When attaching the sale tag to your item(s), please ensure the safety pin or clear packing tape is attached to the LEFT of the PERFORATION.
- This allows the cashiers to tear off the right side of the tag which is used to tally the seller totals
- This speeds up the checkout process for the cashiers, especially on Friday night
- Please write clearly your seller number, size (numerical only), description and price ON BOTH the left and right side of the perforation
- You will need to provide your own hangers for selling clothing.
- The tag should be pinned to the clothing item.
- The pin should be on the left side of the tag and attached to the right side of the clothing item.
- The clothing item should be hung so that the hook of the hanger faces left.
- Pants and Jeans should be hung by safety pins on the upper part of the hanger.
- Item sizes should be based on the current “size” of the item.
- In some cases, the items may be smaller due to washing and the size should reflect such changes.
- Please ONLY use numerical sizing, for example size 4 or 6
- DO NOT size using “S – Small”, “M – Medium”, “L – Large”
- Our racks are sorted based on numerical sizes
- Please see picture examples below:
- Please double knot tie the shoes or place them in a clear bag to keep the pair together
- The tag can be pinned to the shoe tongue or to the shoelaces
- If the shoes are in a clear bag, please use clear tape to attach the left side of the tag to the bag. The right side of the tag (at the perforation) needs to be free for check-out.
- See picture example below:
- Toys and Books
- Attach the seller tag by using clear tape
- The tape should be attached to the toy/book with tape on the left side of the tag, not covering the perforation.
- See picture example below:
- Please consider volunteering for a shift during the sale. Volunteers are given the opportunity to pre-shop the sale before the sale opens to the public.
- If you are interested, please go to Sign Up Genius.
- No time to tag your items? Please consider donating your items to the sale.
- 100% of the proceeds will benefit Western Avenue School.
- This helps fund smartboards, PE equipment, new library books or furniture, field trips, roller skates and MUCH more.
- Bins are provided at school for Clothing Sale donations.
- Please put your donations in plastic bags prior to depositing in our donation bins.
- Donation bins will be available by the gym door entrance #7 .
Remember, we want your items to sell as much as you do and through our experience we have a good eye as to what will sell and what will not. We appreciate your providing us with quality items year after year for our shoppers!
Thank you in advance for supporting Western Avenue School through participating in the Clothing Sale. Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com