Kids Consignment Sale Spring 2019
When: Friday, March 8th from 6pm - 9pm & Saturday, March 9th from 8am - 12 noon
Where: Western Avenue School, 1500 S. Western Ave., Geneva, IL 60134
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
in order to reserve your spot as a seller. If you wish to be taken off the email list, please let us know.
Please note new information under the "Tagging Procedures" and "Questions" sections!
Tags will be available starting Friday, January 25th at Western Ave. School.
Seller Check-In Procedures
Check-in will be Thursday, March 7th th from 6pm - 9 pm and Friday, March 8th from 8am - 9:30am. We request that all sellers adhere to these times.
*We will no longer ask if you are donating! Please use blue tags to signify that you are donating your half-priced items.
*Volunteers will be checking items to ensure they have tags. They will also check to ensure there are no stains or holes for clothing or missing pieces for toys. We reserve the right to refuse items that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Seller Pick-Up Procedures
Seller pick-up will be Saturday, March 9th, from 3pm - 4pm. If sellers elect to donate any unsold items, they will not have to return at this time!
*Please see new donation tag information below!
If a seller is not donating and is unable to pick-up unsold items, the PTO will charge a 10% late fee. If a seller does not want to donate unsold items and is unable to be at pick-up, we recommend asking a friend to pick up your items.
Tag Information and Procedures - New Information this Spring!
Tags can be picked up at the front door of Western Avenue School. There are yellow, white & blue tags in a blue bin.
Yellow tags are full price tags for the entire sale.
White tags are full price on Friday night and then 1/2 price on Saturday morning.
*NEW this SALE!!
Blue tags are full price on Friday night and then 1/2 price on Saturday morning. The blue tag also signifies that you are donating your clothing/item. If you plan to donate your clothing and toys, you must use a BLUE tag.
*Only items with BLUE tags will be sorted for donation by the committee.
Examples of tagging: (photos)
Please review to see how and where to place tags.
*Hangers should be facing to the left.
*Please ensure to clearly note your seller number on both sides of the tag.
*Please use only numerical sizing; no S, M or L. Sizing should take into consideration any shrinkage from washing.
*The left side of the tag should be pinned to the clothing.
*Tags should be pinned on the right side of the clothing item.
Please see below for examples of tag placement.
- Hung by safety pins on the hangers in the upper part of the hanger.
- Must be 'like new' condition!
- Double knot the laces or place into a clear plastic bag.
- If using a clear bag, please tape the LEFT SIDE OF THE TAG. LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE FREE OF TAPE.
Toys, Books, Baby Items, Bikes and other items
- Please tape the LEFT SIDE OF THE TAG. LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE FREE OF TAPE.
- Place small items such as socks, toy pieces, puzzles, games and hair accessories in clear plastic bags
- Ensure all pieces are included with the item being sold. This includes, but not limited to, items such as Lego sets, puzzles, games, etc.
What Items are Accepted to Sell?
All clothing must be in excellent used condition and purchased within the last 2-3 years.
- Fall & Winter clothing (sweaters, long sleeve shirts, fleece/warmer jackets, etc.)
- Snow pants/bibs
- Snow Boots
- Cold weather accessories
- Spring and summer clothing (shorts, t-shirts, light jackets, etc)
- Rain boots
- Dance/Gymnastic Clothing
- Formal dresses for prom/homecoming
- Suits/boys dress clothing
- Sports gear, roller skates and backpacks
- Outdoor toys, including bikes and wagons
- Baby items (must be cleaned prior to selling)
- High chairs
- Booster seats
- Bouncy Chairs
- Car Seats (must have manufactured date after December 31, 2012)
What Items are NOT Accepted to Sell?
- Underwear or undergarments
- Clothing/items with stains or holes
- Stuffed animals, musical dolls or stuffed/cloth-like dolls of any kind regardless if new and in original packaging
- Baby or kids bedding (includes comforters, sleeping bags, sheets, etc.)
- Baby, toddler or kid's room furniture (includes cribs, beds, and dressers)
- Used baby/toddler feeling items (includes sippy cups, utensils, bowls, plates and bibs)
- Breast pumps or any associated parts
- Expired car seats or car seats with a manufacturer date over 7 years (prior to 2013)
- ALL car seats must be inspected by a Clothing Sale Committee Member
- Party products or paper goods
- Diaper genies or potty chairs
- Bath items
- Grab bags of toys or school supplies
- Happy Meal Toys
- VHS Tapes
*This list is not all inclusive and is subject to review or inspection by a Clothing Sale Committee Member.
As the committee has received many questions about pricing, we have given some tips below!
*Please ensure all prices are divisible by 2 if using white & blue tags!
We have four categories of pricing brands. The ranges below are suggestions only. Also, as shirts may be at the bottom of the range, pants may be closer to the top of the range.
(we recommend a selling range of $1 - $3)
Target brands - Circo and Cat & Jack
(we recommend a selling range of $3 - $5)
The Children's Place
(we recommend a selling range of $4 - $6)
(we recommend a selling range of $5 - $10 or possibly higher)
The North Face
Any clothing bought at specialty/boutique stores
We recommend selling at least 50% of the retail price.
*Prices can possibly be higher if an item is new with tags, a "hot" item or brand, excellent condition, rare items and large items. Remember, you want to price to sell!
No time to tag your items? Please consider donating your items to the sale.
- 100% of the proceeds will benefit Western Avenue School PTO
- Bins are provided at school for Consignment Sale donations.
Please consider volunteering for a shift during the sale. volunteers are given the opportunity to pre-shop the sale on Friday, October 19th before the sale opens to the public!
If you are interested, please go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e4fa9a82faafb6-wasfun
I want to donate my clothes and toys that don't sell. How do I let you know this? You must use a blue tag on your items if you intend to donate. If you have itmes already tagged with white tags and you intend to donate, please pin a blank blue tag to you item as well to signify it is to be donated.
What is the split with the PTO? Sellers receive 60% of their sales and the WAS PTO receives 40%.
If I plan to sell in multiple WAS Sales, do I keep the same seller number? Yes
How much is the administrative fee the PTO charges to each seller? We only charge $6
Does the PTO advertise the sale? Yes! We place many signs throughout the area. We also advertise via social media and various local publishing groups.
When are checks sent to sellers? They are generally sent within 8 weeks after the sale.
Can items be sold as sets or lots? Yes! These items generally have a better chance of selling and also can sell for a higher price.
What items are accepted at sales? Please see "What items are accepted to sell".
Thank you in advance for supporting Western Avenue School through participating in the Kids Consignment Sale. further questions? Please contact us at: email@example.com or visit our website at geneva304.org/ClothingSale.aspx.