Lunchtime should provide an opportunity for students to relax, enjoy their meal and socialize with classmates. Below is our lunchroom schedule for the 2018-2019 school year.
| Grade Level|| Lunch Time||Recess Time |
| 10:45-11:05AM||11:05-11:25AM |
| 5th Grade|| 11:05-11:25AM||11:25-11:45AM |
| 3rd Grade|| 11:25-11:45AM||11:45-12:05PM |
| 4th Grade|| 11:45-12:05PM||12:05-12:25PM |
| 1st Grade|| 12:05-12:25PM||12:25-12:45PM |
| Kindergarten|| 12:25-12:45PM||12:45-1:05PM |
The following are our lunchroom expectations:
- Students should select their seat in their designated classroom area.
- Students may not share or bring in food for other students.
- Students should request permission from a supervisor when they need to leave the lunchroom.
- Prior to dismissal, all students should gather up their trash; they are also expected to check the table and floor space around them.
- When dismissed, they should dispose of their trash into the appropriate containers provided (trash, recycling, liquids).
- Should a parent attend lunch with their child, he should sign in at the main office and wait until the office staff sends you to the lunchroom. Please be sure to return to the main office to sign out after the designated lunchtime is complete.
- When parents dine with their children, kindly provide food for your child only.
Heartland Hawks participate in daily recess during the lunch hour, and many grades try to do an additional recess many days throughout the week. Outdoor recess is weather-dependent; should the weather be inclement, students participate indoors. Below are some guidelines for you to reference:
- All equipment used for recess is provided by the school. We kindly ask that students keep their personal belongings/playground toys at home.
- Boots and snow pants are required to play in the snow.
- Students will remain indoors for recess if the real-feel temperature falls below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Please dress your child appropriately for the times your child will be outside for recess on cold weather days.
- A doctor's note is required if your child is unable to go outside for recess for more than three days due to illness or injury.
- Due to safety reasons, parents and siblings my not join their child(ren) for recess (outdoor or indoor).
- Students choosing to wear shorts on cold days will be permitted outside if the real-feel temperature is above freezing. Parent permission is required should you wish to allow your child outdoors when the temperature is below 32 degrees.