Students are to arrive no earlier than 7:45 a.m. due to there not being supervision until that time. Students may be dropped off at either the Harrison or Dodson lot. Student patrols will assist students from cars that pull up in the drop off zones. Students are not to walk across any lot during drop off or pick up times. Bus riders are dropped off in the bus lane.
All students line up on the blacktop in the morning on a designated letter. First grade students line up on the north end of the blacktop by class. Teachers will be assisting students in the first few days of the school year, aiding them with their line-up location.
During inclement weather, first grade students enter the Nelson Gym and sit in the bleachers until dismissal to their classrooms in lieu of lining up on the blacktop.
Students are dismissed by line into the building. Primary student lines are escorted to their hallway by a student patrol. The tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m. you must sign your student in at the main office and enter through the main doors on Harrison Street.
Pick up occurs in a similar fashion as drop off. You may pick up in the Harrison or Dodson lots. Students are again assisted to their car by a patrol member. Students are not to run across the lot to meet their parent/guardian. Parents are not to park in the yellow drop-off/pick-up zones. If you wish to leave your car, please park in a designated parking space.
Harrison’s drop-off/pick-up procedures are designed to ensure the safe arrival and departure of your children. Please keep the following procedures in mind.
- Students are not to arrive at school prior to 7:45 a.m. as there is no adult supervision.
- Please drop your child off in either the Harrison lot or the Dodson lot.
- Do not have your child walk through or across the lots as they may not be visible to drivers.
- Please consider using the Harrison lot to ease congestion in the Dodson lot.
- When dropping off or picking up students in the Dodson lot, please pull all of the way up to the nearest patrol assistant on the straight edge of the curbing. (south side of lot)
- If you must park in the Dodson or Harrison lots, please park in a designated spot, not along the curbing.
- Students are to line up on the blacktop upon arrival.
- Please do not drop students off at the main/front door as all students enter through the playground area prior to 7:55 a.m.
- Please do drop your students off at the main/front door if you arrive to school after 7:55 a.m.
- When dropping students off please be mindful of our fifth grade patrol members. Please stop when you see student patrol members in the roadway and wait for them to safely return to the sidewalk prior to driving forward.
- Please ensure that your child is picked up by 2:30 as there is no adult supervision after this time. Students are to leave the grounds at the end of the day. If you chose to let them return to the playground or park district facilities it must be after they have left for the day.
- Please do not bring pets onto school property during drop-off or dismissal. If you have a pet in the car, our student patrols will not be allowed to open the door to assist your son/daughter.
- Please do not pass a bus with its stop sign extended as you will be ticketed. The law requires that you wait until the sign is retracted.
- Please do not use a cell phone while in your vehicle anywhere on school property or in a school zone as you will be ticketed.