Students are to arrive no earlier than 7:45 a.m. due to there not being supervision until that time. Please use the small circle drive for drop off, (south circle drive – large circle drive to the north is for buses only). Students exit cars within the circle drive only and from the passenger side of the car. Students are not to walk across any lot during drop off or pick up times without being accompanied by a parent. Bus riders are dropped off in the large circle drive to the north.
All students line up on the blacktop in the morning, located at the back of the school.
During inclement weather, students will enter the building directly, either through the front entrance (door #1) or the fifth grade doors (door #2).
The tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m. you must sign your student in at the main office. Please enter through the main doors.
Pick up occurs in a similar fashion as drop off. You may pick up your child in the small circle driveway. Students enter vehicles from the passenger side only. Please stay in your car. Staff members on duty will ensure that your child gets to their vehicle. If you need to leave your car, please park in a designated parking space.
Western’s drop-off/pick-up procedures are designed to ensure the safe arrival and departure of your children. Please keep the following procedures in mind.
• Students are not to arrive at school prior to 7:45 a.m. as there is no adult supervision.
• Do not have your child walk through or across the lots as they may not be visible to drivers.
• When dropping off or picking up students in the small circle drive, please pull all of the way up to front of the circle.
• Please do not bring pets onto school property during drop-off or dismissal.
• Please do not use a cell phone while in your vehicle anywhere on school property or in a school zone as you will be ticketed.