Geneva High School was founded in 1876 when two students graduated from the West Side School located on Third Street where the Post Office is now located. In 1923, a new high school building was constructed at 1113 Peyton Street.
The current school building was constructed in 1958 at 415 Logan Avenue. An addition,which included an auditorium, gymnasium, locker room facilities, a commons area, an instructional materials center, and 22 new classrooms, was dedicated in 1976.
In 2001, 26 new classrooms, new Counseling & Advising offices, new administrative offices, new music rooms and a new gymnasium added 50 percent more space to the high school. The 1958 and 1976 portions of the building were also renovated.
Today, the Geneva Community High School enrollment is 1,982 students. Ninety percent of the Class of 2015 planned to continue their education past high school. The average ACT Composite Score over the past 5 years is 24.2
GHS has 130 faculty members (87% have M.A. degree or beyond) who teach more than 100 courses in 11 academic areas. Seventeen Advanced Placement Courses are offered in 6 curricular areas. In addition, more than 25 courses are available at the off-campus Fox Valley Career Center.
GHS has 24 boys' and girls' athletic teams compete in the Upstate Eight Conference.
More than 50 clubs, organizations and honor societies are available to all students.