March 23, 2022
Sodexo is thrilled to be hosting its annual Future Chefs Competition. This year, Geneva 304 students in grades 1-5 are invited to participate
The idea behind this event is to help educate the kids in HEALTHY EATING HABITS. Plus, eating healthy should be fun! That’s why we want kids to submit recipes aligning with the theme: Your Favorite Meal from a Book or a Movie - made healthy. A couple examples: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Turkey Meatballs Whole Grain Pasta - or an Omelet from Ratatouille.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Ease of Preparation
- Healthy Attributes
- Plate Presentation
- Student Chef Presentation to Judges
HOW IT WORKS:
- Please help your child complete and submit the Online Recipe Card at this link no later than 4 p.m. Monday, April 11, 2022.
- A distinguished panel of administrators will evaluate recipe submissions and narrow the number of finalists down to 2 students per Geneva 304 elementary school.
- Those finalists will be notified via email and/or phone by Wednesday, April 13, and formally invited to a Culinary Competition “Cook-Off” at Geneva High School at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 23.
- All finalists will receive a framed plaque and apron/chef’s jacket at the competition.
- The local press will be invited to take pictures of the students' creations, and parents and teachers can view the final product during the reception portion of the event.
- Transportation of the children will not be provided on April 23 for the competition. Children will need to be dropped off and picked up at Geneva High School.
- Each group of children will have a kitchen staff member assigned to help them to ensure that there are no safety issues. This will ensure safe-food and preparation practices are followed and no one gets harmed.
- As a bonus, our competition is just one of thousands of local competitions that Sodexo will be orchestrating across the country. The winning recipe from each event will be entered to win a national competition in April. More details will follow, but we’re lining up some great prizes for those who are chosen to receive national recognition!
Please let me know if I can answer any questions or concerns. Good luck and have fun!
Sodexo Food Services
Geneva CUSD 304