Nov. 4, 2021
The Kane County Health Department has announced that appointments are now available for pediatric COVID-19 vaccinations (ages 5 through 11) at the Kane Vax Hub in Batavia. Here is some additional information for families who may wish to pursue this optional vaccine for their children:
- The KCHD's press release is available at this link.
- To schedule an appointment, visit https://kanevax.org/ or call 855-4-KaneVax. You may also have access to the vaccine from your family medical provider or local pharmacy.
- For additional information and current updates about COVID-19, visit the KCHD website at KaneHealth.com or call the health department at 630-208-3801 and select the COVID line.
Reminder From School Nursing Team
If you choose to pursue this optional vaccine for your child and wish to share that information with the school once they are fully vaccinated, please make a copy of either their CDC vaccination card or a record from their physician and upload the file into Home Access Center by following these steps:
- Log into Home Access Center at this link
- Click on the “Registration” icon and then “Update Registration” tab
- Click on the “***Click here for Data Verification*** link
- Go to section labeled “Documents: Birth Certificate/Two Forms of Residency” and use the “Click here to upload new file” link to begin uploading documentation
- Click “Submit” at the end for the form to be submitted
File Uploading Tips:
Most file formats will be accepted when uploading into the system (.PDF, .JPG, .PNG, etc.). Before uploading, name the file according to the student and its content (Example: LastNameFirstNameVaxCard). Do not include any symbols or special characters in the file name.
Please contact Home Access Center support via email at [email protected]
or by phone at 630-463-3097. This option will be available in HAC throughout the school year, so if you are planning to have your child vaccinated in the future, you may follow these steps when their vaccination is complete.