Williamsburg’s arrival and dismissal procedures are designed to ensure the safe arrival and departure of your children.
Drop Off Procedures
Students are to arrive no earlier than 7:45 a.m. which is when staff supervision begins. Parents can park in the east parking lot, or follow the directional signs leading to the sidewalk in the front of the school. Students exit cars along the sidewalk from the passenger side of the car directly onto the curb. Students are not to walk across any lot during drop off or pick up times without being accompanied by a parent. Bus riders are dropped off in the BUS ONLY circle drive.
In the morning, students driven to school will enter the building on the EAST side of the school through their grade level wing (Kindergarten & 3rd enter through door #2; 1st & 4th grade through door #3; 2nd & 5th grade through door #4).
Bus riders enter the school through the main entrance.
Walkers from the east side of the school enter through the wing doors based on their grade; Walkers from the west side of the school enter through the main entrance.
The tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m. you must sign your student in at the main office. Please enter through the main doors.
Pick Up Procedures
Dismissal begins at 2:05p and concludes at 2:15p. At 2:05p, outside supervisors will radio the office with the names on the signs of parents in cars for parent pick-up. Students will exit the school through the wing doors.
- Please stay in your car if using the parent pick-up queue. Staff members on duty will ensure that your child gets to their vehicle. If you need to leave your car, please park in the east parking lot.
- All parents of kindergartners must walk to the kindergarten wing to pickup their student.
At approx. 2:06p, busing students will be called down to the main hall by bus route. Once all students from the route are accounted for they are sent to their bus. Once all buses are loaded, walkers and bike riders are released through the main entrance.
- Follow all directions given by staff supervisors,
- When dropping off or picking up students, please pull all the way forward,
- Please do not walk pets onto school property during drop-off or dismissal,
- DO NOT use a cell phone anywhere on school property or in a school zone while the car is on and the engine is running. You will be ticketed.
Any change to what a student normally does at dismissal requires written notification from a parent/guardian and must go through the school office. If your child is going home with another student, a written note is required from both the sending parent and the receiving parent. UNLESS IT’S AN EMERGENCY, written confirmation of these arrangements should be sent to school in the morning or called into the office by 11am. Students are not permitted to ride another bus or change stops to visit a friend’s house, for scout meetings, play dates, etc.