Library Media Center (LMC) Information
LMC hours are from 8:00AM-2:15PM. The LMC is closed the final week of school for inventory and book return.
In addition, ALL school and classroom rules apply in regards to proper behavior.
- Respect the library materials (so everyone will have more to use).
- Everything has a correct place (so everyone will be able to find what we need).
- Always share (return things when they are due and put things on hold when we have to wait).
- Do not disturb others working in the LMC. Use voice level of 1-2 (this lets everyone have a special place to read and work).
LMC Discipline Procedures
- Verbal warning from a Media Center staff member.
- If a misbehavior continues, the student will be asked to return to the classroom and the teacher will be notified.
- If the misbehavior is significant, the student will receive a behavior communication notice and/or be sent to the office.
Library Media Circulation Procedures
- Students are encouraged to visit the media center as often as necessary.
- 1st-5th grade students are allowed to check out four books at a time for a two-week period. Additional books are allowed for classroom research projects.
- Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book for a two-week period.
- All students are encouraged to "Read & Return" their books at the cycle that best serves their reading needs.
- Students are allowed to "RENEW" items for another two weeks if the book is still being read and is not on hold for another student.
- Students can place any book on "HOLD" except for the current year "Young Viking" or "Monarch" selections.
- Overdue notices will be sent out once per month. There is currently no fine for overdue books at the elementary level. If a student has an overdue book, they will be reminded at each checkout. If the book is "LOST," it is the responsibility of the parent to contact the LMC to let them know. Fines for lost books are not due until the end of the school year, but they must be remitted before the last day of school.
- Lost or damaged books will be replaced at the current LMC vendor cost listed in the computer catalog. This includes books exposed to: water, food, other foreign material; ripped, torn or scribbled in.
- Teachers can request for materials to be placed on RESERVE for student use in the LMC or team centers when an entire class or grade level is researching the same topic.