Mike Wilkes, Director of Technology
Victoria Fladung, District Network Manager
Scott Poniatowski, District Network Specialist
Kevin Flahaven, Network Technician
Bonnie Weger, District Data Application Specialist
Kristi Browne, Data Integration Specialist
Kate O'Malley, District Technician
Linda Fatten, District Technician
Bill Hayes, District Technician
Sheila Finch, Administrative Assistant
227 N. Fourth Street, Geneva IL 60134
The Geneva School District Technology Department is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the information systems and processes in the district. This includes the communications network, hardware and software infrastructure as well as data management, report generation, and technology customer support.
The District Technology Department is also responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of Instructional Technology initiatives. District Technology staff are integral participants in the review and selection of educational software that is integrated with our district curriculum resources. We continuously provide professional development and support in order to assist teachers in their efforts to meet and surpass the objectives identified in the District Technology Frameworks and the IL Teacher Technology Standards.
The responsibilities of the Technology Department include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration and Vision – Works closely with all educational stakeholders to create and achieve the vision for how technology supports the district's strategic goals
- Team Building and Staffing – Creates and supports cross-functional teams for decision-making, technology support, professional development, and other aspects of the district's technology program
- Communication Systems – Manages and supports the use of e-mail, district web sites, voicemail systems and other forms of communication technology to facilitate decision-making, dialog and effective communication with the community and other key stakeholders
- Information Management – Oversees the establishment and maintenance of information systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways
- Systems Management – Directs, coordinates, and ensures the implementation of all tasks related to: the development of technical specifications and infrastructure decisions; the selection, purchasing, installation and maintenance of IT; and the integration of technology into every facet of operations
- Planning and Budgeting – Works with the instructional and operational teams to identify the steps needed to meet strategic goals and a budget that takes into account the total cost of implementing technology solutions
- Responsible Use – Participates in the creation, implementation and enforcement of policies and educational programs related to the social, legal and ethical issues involved in technology use throughout the district. Technology Vision Statement Geneva School District 304 is a community of life-long learners, which continues to develop the learning environment by incorporating technology in all areas of study and school operations. Technology and the underlying technical knowledge are integral components for learning skills, gathering data, analyzing and synthesizing information, and communicating knowledge. Technology is key to the development of productive and well balanced contributors to an ever-changing global community.