Lunchtime should provide an opportunity for students to relax, enjoy their meal and socialize with classmates. Below is our lunchroom schedule for the 2018-2019 school year.
| Grade Level
| Lunch Time
| 3rd Grade
| 4th Grade
| 5th Grade
| 1st Grade
The following are our lunchroom expectations:
- Students should select their seat in their designated classroom area.
- Students may not share or bring in food for other students.
- Students should request permission from a supervisor when they need to leave the lunchroom.
- Prior to dismissal, all students should gather up their trash; they are also expected to check the table and floor space around them.
- They should dispose of their trash as the lunchroom supervisors circulate with the trash bins.
Lunch Recess Procedures
Heartland Hawks participate in daily recess during the lunch hour, and all grades participate in an additional 15-minute daily recess. Outdoor recess is weather-dependent; should the weather be inclement, students participate indoors. Below are some guidelines for you to reference:
- All equipment used for recess is provided by the school. We kindly ask that students keep their personal belongings/playground toys at home.
- Boots and snow pants are required to play in the snow.
- Students will remain indoors for recess if the real-feel temperature falls below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Please dress your child appropriately for the times your child will be outside for recess on cold weather days.
- A doctor's note is required if your child is unable to go outside for recess for more than three days due to illness or injury.
- Students choosing to wear shorts on cold days will be permitted outside if the real-feel temperature is above freezing. Parents will be contacted should you wish to allow your child outdoors with shorts when the temperature is below 32 degrees.