Geneva School District works in conjunction with accredited colleges and universities in developing appropriate student teaching and/or internship placements. Individual students acting in accordance with class requirements as a part of accredited programs may also be considered for observation placements.
Student Teaching & Internships
All student teaching and internship requests must be initiated by the college or university and are subject to review by appropriate staff members. Email student teaching requests to [email protected]
. Along with the university's request and a copy of the student's transcript, all information requested for Observations and Pre-Clinical Placements (see list below) should be included.
Observations & Pre-Clinical Placements
Students looking to fulfill hours for early clinical placement and observation requests should submit the following information to [email protected]
. Your request must include:
- Name, address, phone number and email address
- Proof that a criminal background fingerprint check with the Illinois State Police has been completed
- Physical confirmation
- Letter from the college or university indicating the reason the request is being made, name of instructor, and contact information
- Number of hours needed for the observation/placement
- A copy of transcripts (unofficial is sufficient) for placement requests of 50+ hours
- Date and time of availability
- Level of involvement required by the candidate
- Level of participation required by the cooperating teacher
- Level of interest – elementary, middle, or high school
- Specify content area (at middle and high school)
Please note that all pre-service candidates, from observers to student teachers, must undergo a criminal background check and physical prior to placement in Geneva schools. The Kane County Regional Office of Education performs fingerprinting for a criminal background check. The cost is $40.00. Appointments can be made at https://kaneroe.org/fingerprinting/. All results can be sent to Geneva CUSD 304 Office of Human Resources (phone 630-463-3057).