Pursuant to McKinney-Vento, all school districts must have in place a liaison for homeless children and youth.
Geneva ensures that:
- Homeless children and youth are sensitively identified by school personnel, whether currently enrolled or not yet attending and, if appropriate, aid such children or youth in accessing the appropriate school.
- Homeless children and youth have a full opportunity to succeed and have full access to educational services and other services as appropriate.
- Parents and guardians of homeless children and youth are informed about the district’s educational services and opportunities and are given meaningful chances to participate in their child’s education.
- Public notice of the educational rights of homeless children and youth is disseminated at locations where homeless families and children are served.
- Parents have the right to access dispute procedures under the law.
District Homeless Liaison:
Jamie Benavides, Assistant Director of Student Services