Skip to main content


227 N. Fourth Street
Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: 630-463-3000

Administrative Positions FAQ

When is an application considered complete? Your application is considered complete when you finish the online application and submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of academic transcripts, three letters of recommendation or college/university placement file, and copies of teaching and administrative certificates to the Geneva District #304 Office of Human Resources at 227 North Fourth Street, Geneva, IL 60134.

Will you accept copies of academic transcripts?  Geneva District #304 will accept copies of academic transcripts. If you are hired for an administrative position, official academic transcripts will need to be sent by your college/university to the Office of Human Resources in District #304.

How can I find out if you have received my application materials? You are welcome to contact us (630-463-3050) to check on the receipt of application materials.

When do you advertise administrative positions?  Administrative positions are posted as soon as a vacancy occurs. Most administrative vacancies are posted from November through June.

Where do you advertise administrative vacancies in Geneva District #304?  Administrative vacancies are listed on the Geneva District #304 website. You are encouraged to carefully monitor this website during your job search. The job posting for each administrative vacancy will provide information about the vacancy, the selection timetable, and specific application procedures for applicants.

What type of interview process do you use? For building principal vacancies, a team of teachers, parents, and support staff will be involved in the interview process. A final interview will be held with administrators. For district level administrative vacancies, a team of teachers and administrators will interview candidates. Three interviews are the norm.
What are my chances for receiving an interview? Geneva District #304 is an excellent school district and is therefore an attractive place to work. Consequently, we receive many applications for administrative vacancies. To interview each prospective candidate would be time prohibitive. Your best opportunity to receive an interview is to complete the online application process and to submit the appropriate application materials to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline.

In addition to the interview, do you use any other method to gather information about my administrative qualifications? If you are invited back for a second round interview, you will be asked to bring a professional portfolio (e.g., administrative memorandums, newsletters, school improvement projects, and parent letters) that will provide the interview team with information about your background, experience and leadership capabilities as an administrator. In certain situations, the interview team may ask to visit the school where you currently work. A school visit will only take place if you are a finalist for an administrative position.
How long does an application remain active and accessible to school administrators?  Applications remain active until January of each year. At that time, all applications are deactivated. Reactivation instructions are then emailed to all applicants in our candidate database. I want to make some changes to my application. Can I do this after I have submitted my application? You are welcome to make changes to your application at any time by returning the Geneva District #304 website, clicking on the "Continue/Modify Application" link, entering your social security number and password, making the necessary changes to your application, and clicking on the “Submit to Geneva” link on the last page of the online application.

What type of employee benefits do you offer?  Employee benefits include health/dental insurance (HMO or PPO), term life insurance equal to twice annual salary, long-term care insurance, Section 125 flexible savings accounts, sick leave, personal leave, contributions to the Illinois Teacher Retirement System, and tuition reimbursement for graduate coursework.

How do I start the online application process?
Click here to start the online application process.